IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
amicosempre

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-10-26

IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Empty
PostSubject: IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs   IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 11:46 pm

Purchased the Barbara Streisand album only because of the 3 IL Divo songs. She overpowers them but the one from the Phantom of Opera shows their vocal skills much better as they sing individual parts around her. I would love to hear them do this without her. Maybe it was good exposure for them, maybe not. They are gracious in how they answer questions regarding singing with her as you would expect. I feel (my personal opinion) she was using them. The tour may have been considered charity on her part but the album will bring her quite a bit of money. Would like to know if anyone else has listened to the 3 songs she has of them and what you think. If there is a way to share them let me know how and I will share them. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Ann
Admin
Ann

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2006-10-05

PostSubject: Re: IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs   IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2007 11:05 am

I probably will not buy her CD. I just cant stand her, not even for the Divos. If I do decide to buy it, i'll buy it from itunes. That way I can just buy their 3 songs, and not the others.
Back to top Go down
http://ildivas.heavenforum.com
amicosempre

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs   IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Thanks for the response. I am always nervous about posting anything. For a long time I would only read others. I agree. I just couldn't wait and saw it and decided I would get it anyway. I think buying from a subscription service would be much better. Very Happy Interesting though. I watched a video someone took of a recording of the guys singing with Celine "I believe in you". It was a French station. She stayed with the host and let them have the spotlight until her part came up and then she joined them. She blended "not overpowered" and at the end even took a step back to let them be applauded by the audience. She shared the spotlight in lieu of taking it over. That is a true Diva and class act. They worked together. I was very impressed by that. What a difference! Again, thanks for the response.
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-07

PostSubject: Re: IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs   IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2007 10:05 pm

I will not buy the CD nor the DVD.

I saw them with Barbra in Vegas. I paid $750.00 for my seat as did my my sister, her husband and my mom. I never had such bad seats as any concert as we did there. When the guys sang, the people around us talked calling them Barbra's boy toys, commented on their singing, "like they were trying to out do each other" , should go back where they came from etc.

The guys did not seem like the IL Divo I have learned to love. They seemed stiff and like the laughs were not real, like they were forced.

Miss. "Babs" let it be known that she was the "star". She mentioned it enough times. We left when Il Divo finished their songs.

Okay, I am off my soap box on this topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs   IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IL Divo on Barbara Streisand Album - 3 songs
Page 1 of 1