IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Belle

Belle

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour Empty
PostSubject: Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour   Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2006 7:40 pm

Nation
Friday October 13, 2006

ll Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour

By JO TEH

KUALA LUMPUR: Pop opera quartet Il Divo has confirmed it will kick off its Asian tour with a one-night act in Kuala Lumpur.

As a bonus, founder-manager Simon Cowell – the “nasty judge” in the hit American Idol series – is expected to accompany the singers.

Arianna Event Management managing director Arianna Teoh said the group was expected to be here days before the concert at the KL Convention Centre.

“It’s a one-night show. Kuala Lumpur is the first stop on its Asian tour and it’s going to be huge, definitely a sell-out,” she said in an interview.

POP OPERA: Il Divo comprising (from left) Urs Buhler, Carlos Marin, Sebastien Izambard and David Miller set for a one-night show in Kuala Lumpur on Jan 16, 2007
The concert in Kuala Lumpur will be among several top acts planned to mark Visit Malaysia Year 2007.

Il Divo – Italian for “divine male performer” – came together under the tutelage of Cowell, who was inspired to form a quartet of different nationalities after hearing Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman sing their rendition of Con Te Partirò, a Bocelli song.

It is made up of tenor David Miller from the United States, Sebastien Izambard from France, who sings vox populi, tenor Urs Buhler from Switzerland and baritone Carlos Marin from Spain.

All had carved their own niches in operatic theatre, musicals and even pop and rock before being brought together.

The group has released two albums – the self-titled Il Divo (2004) and Ancora (2005).

Its new album is scheduled for release next month.

Tickets for the concert are divided into six categories – diamond, platinum, gold, silver, mezzanine and gallery.

Shangri-La Hotel is the official hotel for this event.

For details, call the hotel’s Il Divo hotline at 03-20743525.
Back to top Go down
Teddy_Bear_Girl

Teddy_Bear_Girl

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour   Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2006 9:40 pm

O.M.G. , You lucky Diva's & Divo's are in for a real treat Wink Wink Wink
I can't wait to hear more on THE 2007 WORLD TOUR DATE'S.
PLEASE, PLEASE. PLEASE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Guy's come back to T.X.
I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

CYNTHIA
Back to top Go down
serendipitylove

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: I'M CROSSING MY FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!   Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2006 2:32 pm

WOW!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE THEY CONSIDER COMING TO HAWAII. I THINK I'LL FALL WHEN I FINALLY GET TO SEE THEM IN PERSON,ESPECIALLY WHEN I SEE URS. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour   Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Il Divo picks KL to kick off Asian tour
Page 1 of 1