IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mumble Mumble

Go down 
+13
Patrox
Rhiannon
Sooz
leeder
estiew
searmist
Spirit
Pat
Meg
Belle
Ann
Terri
Cyn
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pat

Pat

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2006 10:52 pm

Ann.

I am with you. I do not listen to the critics and usually don't read their opinions.
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2006 11:23 pm

I fotgot to mention this. I taped the View today. Rosie offered Il Divo new suits.

Got to go to work.
Back to top Go down
Sooz

Sooz

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2006 11:57 pm

Hi all!
I watched The View (only the beginning), and got so upset, I was screaming at Rosie as if she could hear me! "They are Armani suits!!" Oh well, anyway, I thought it was cool the way Urs handled it and it made Rosie feel embarassed! bounce

As far as the reviews go, I'm with Annie. I'm not going to pay attention to them, I'm just going to love the guys no matter what stupid people have to say! Wink

Sooz
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 10:41 am

estiew wrote:

What I am really really having trouble with is Rosie O. What is her problem?? Even if you don't care for a group, you can atleast be polite towards them, and act like a grown-up when discussing them - not like a junior-higher!! Sometimes I think she is purposely doing this to attract more viewers to the View so their ratings will stay up. Barbara WaWa has her hands full!!

Rosie is entitled to her opinion even if it is terribly, terribly misguided! Cool

What bothers me is the reaction of the Divas who are writing into the show to complain. Don't they realize that they're just feeding her ego and giving her exactly what she wants?

I always assume people like Rosie just didn't get enough attention growing up. Wink
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Rhiannon wrote:

Rosie is entitled to her opinion even if it is terribly, terribly misguided! Cool

What bothers me is the reaction of the Divas who are writing into the show to complain. Don't they realize that they're just feeding her ego and giving her exactly what she wants?

I always assume people like Rosie just didn't get enough attention growing up. Wink

Yes, you are right - if no one would even stoop to pay any attention, the game would be over for her!! Honestly, I hadn't seen that blatant need for attention until now. (as you can tell, I'm abit slow!!!)
Have a great day!!
Estie
Back to top Go down
searmist

searmist

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Rosie   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 pm

I agree with you about contacting "The View" - which I did not do. I figured that's just what Rosie wanted us to do. She's a jerk. I vented here and that's all I'm going to do. I know the guys are great and that's all that matters to me. They have my undying devotion and that's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 7:38 pm

The only time I ever contacted the View was when Rosie started at the beginning of the season!! (I'm sure they listened to me!!!) Laughing Laughing

What I see happening is that they book them to be on the View - a huge apology, all friends again...and ratings up!!
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 7:47 pm

I am sure Rosie would have said more about Il Divo if the other girls had not stopped her.
Back to top Go down
leeder

leeder

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2006 10:42 pm

Can't stand The View...I feel like I'm at teacher's lounge at work whenever i watch that show!!! just bunch of women gabbing, gabbing....

as for Rosie.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Patrox

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2006 11:20 pm

I'm guilty of contacting the View the first time Rosie flapped her jaws. The third time she did it, Barbara W. put her in her place. I don't watch it anymore and won't until that witch is gone. She did have a rotten childhood and was severly abused. However, that doesn't give her the right to say nasty things like that on national TV.

I'm with you Annie. I don't read what the critics say. I'd never watch, read, or go see anything either. But then, sometimes I see stuff just cos a critic says it stinks. I'd rather make up my own mind about stuff. A lot of the stuff the critics like, I hate. Cathie
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 11:09 am

Patrox wrote:

I'm with you Annie. I don't read what the critics say. I'd never watch, read, or go see anything either. But then, sometimes I see stuff just cos a critic says it stinks. I'd rather make up my own mind about stuff. A lot of the stuff the critics like, I hate. Cathie

But you will go see Il Divo, won't you???!! (oops - I just realized who you are!! I know you are going to see them Nov. 6th or 7th!!) Some of those critics really don't know what they are talking about. I have google alert for Streisand and Il Divo, and have read some nasty stuff, but also some good things about Il Divo. Who could not like them?? But we are prejudiced!! Laughing I've quit watching The View. I just can't take it anymore, and I'm wondering how long Rosie will be there - you can tell she toned down alot when Barbara W came back. She's big on speaking her mind, but how long can she hold back and act as she is told to act???

One thing - when you go to the concert, and Il Divo comes out, you will be so distracted by their presence that you will forget to listen to the music, so this is just a "heads-up" - be sure to concentrate!!!! I can't wait until they are back in the US and you can go to one of their own concerts. OMG - it's so awesome.

Estie & Cassy!!

PS: today is the first anniversary of Cassy's adoption. She is a real "trip" for being a rescue dog!! Her personality stretches forever!! She is sooo smart! (but then, I'm the parent, and we all think that of our "kids"!!!)
Back to top Go down
DomesticDiva

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 11:49 pm

Call me crazy - but I like the new CD cover! drunken No, really I do. It's got a great retro thing going on. And Seb looks amazing to me and I'm much more of an Uber. Although Urs looks stunningly and seriously sexy! Cool But I like that we don't all agree. Feels much more normal.

My other grumble...
I've been reading the posts on the OF of the BS concerts. I still think the guys are not getting the respect they deserve. It's true they're getting much more exposure and potentially fans. But with all the whiny reviews and the whole Rosie bruhaha, I'm afraid that it might make them more of a pop-culture joke. I want to see them viewed with integrity and appreciation of their talent that will give them a long career.

That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
DomesticDiva

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 11:52 pm

Oh, I forgot...

That other picture is going to give me NIGHTMARES!!!! affraid affraid They look like they should be in a bad vampire movie. I've never seen that and it is just horrific! What were their marketing people thinking??!!

Tracey
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 2:19 am

I definitely do not like the album cover. But, did you see the DVD cover? That I like.
Back to top Go down
searmist

searmist

PostSubject: DVD   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 1:30 pm

I haven't seen the DVD cover - where do I find it?
Back to top Go down
Belle

Belle

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 2:11 pm

In the Lounge on the official forum under "Live at the Greek"......it's really nice !!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 4:56 pm

Here you go.

Mumble Mumble - Page 2 11936976
Back to top Go down
searmist

searmist

PostSubject: DVD Cover   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 6:30 pm

I like it - very nice!
Back to top Go down
PyroDiva

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 9:51 pm

The retro thing about the CD cover is not my problem with it. Look at Seb's pants! Shocked Looks like he wet his pants..... affraid Someone did a very bad job at shading!!!!! Embarassed

Oh well,.....

PyroDiva
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 pm

DVD cover is one of the calendar piccies too, I believe!
Back to top Go down
bettyann

Registration date : 2006-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2006 4:23 pm

Are we still talking about the CD cover -- it's horrid!! The DVD cover is better. I just got the calendar in the mail and the same picture is in there -- December I think. Individual guys on each of their birthday months. Urs is fabulous, Carlos is full body (could have been a close up), David is turned to the side (not with that big smile he flashes) and Seb is in shadows leaning against a pillar. When you first look at it you think -- wow these are great, then you look again and know you've seen better pictures taken by concert-goers. They either need new photographers or new people to take advice from. I don't think they're sitting down choosing pictures in between touring and recording. They need some WOMEN in there, because someone isn't getting IT! Evil or Very Mad
Betty
Back to top Go down
Lammy

Lammy

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2006 12:53 am

*grumbles*

This is a general vent. I didn't see another one. Very Happy

Why is it that I always seem to get called into Jury Duty? Random my beeehind. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://community.livejournal.com/ildivo_daily
leeder

leeder

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2007 10:54 pm

can i say...I hate the people I work with???? well, few people i work with..they SUCK!!!

okay, i feel better now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mumble Mumble   Mumble Mumble - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mumble Mumble
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IL Divas :: General chat :: I need to vent!-
Jump to: