IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Article and Sebastien and Renee

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ann
Admin
Ann

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2006-10-05

Article and Sebastien and Renee Empty
PostSubject: Article and Sebastien and Renee   Article and Sebastien and Renee Icon_minitimeFri Feb 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Song in their hearts

Cameron Adams

February 17, 2007 12:00am

MILLIONS of women all over the world have fallen in love with hopelessly romantic classical band Il Divo.

However, it's taken a Melbourne girl to capture the heart of the group's most popular member.
Renee Murphy met Il Divo's French-born singer Sebastien Izambard when she was the group's publicist for their Australian tour in 2005.

Less than a year later Izambard, 33, had whisked Murphy, 29, off to share his homes in London and Paris.

When the pair met Murphy worked for Sony BMG, the record company that has sold more than 13 million Il Divo albums worldwide.

It was just another job for Murphy, not a major fan of Il Divo's operatic covers.

"I'm more of a rock and roll kind of girl," Murphy said yesterday.

"It was really just another job for me."

They agreed to test things out on a holiday in Thailand, still keeping their relationship a secret from her record company and his fans.

"Renee was freaking out at the beginning: 'I can't go out with an artist'," Izambard said.

"It was tricky, it's not very well perceived if you go out with an artist.

"I said 'Let's meet up for holidays and see what's going on'. That's the best way to get to know someone."

After the holiday, she had a choice to make.

"I had to decide whether to follow my heart or follow my career," Murphy said. "It was a hard choice but I'm glad I made it."

Murphy moved to Paris last July and has had a crash course in learning the language.

"When it became clear I just wanted to be with Renee I didn't care who knew," Izambard said.

"I kept quiet because of her work, to protect her. I didn't care, I'm almost 34. Our fans should know we're not going to stay single all our lives. That would be sad. We deserve family and love.

"The fans are very understanding. Now they come up to her and ask for autographs and give her presents, they love her."

Izambard has lived up to his group's romantic reputation, flying Murphy's family to Paris as a surprise Christmas present and showing the Melbourne girl the sights of Europe.

In return, Murphy is giving the singer a crash course on the wonders of Melbourne.

"Seb loves Sydney but I'm trying to convince him Melbourne is the place," Murphy said.

"We eventually want to move back here one day. Seb's discovered Tim Tams and Bonds.

"I now have seven pairs of Bonds, one for each day," the singer said.

The pair denied engagement rumours, but Murphy said she's fallen for the man beneath the suit and love songs.

And how does she deal with all the women throwing themselves at her boyfriend?

"Well, I can understand it. They're only human," she said.

Article and Sebastien and Renee Seb_Renee
Back to top Go down
http://ildivas.heavenforum.com

Article and Sebastien and Renee
Page 1 of 1