IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

In Memory of Kay aka Belle

Go down 
+2
searmist
Ann
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ann
Admin
Ann

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2006-10-05

In Memory of Kay aka Belle Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Im not sure how many read the ID site on a daily basis, or mine either, but I want everyone to know that Leslie Kay aka Mod Belle (on here) has passed away. May she rest in peace. The forum will not be the same without her. We will miss her.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ildivas.heavenforum.com
searmist

searmist

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: KAY   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 8:57 pm

The loss of Kay has created an empty space in my life. She was my friend and I miss her so much already. The following poem came to me as I was thinking of her. It expresses my feelings for my dear friend.

My Friend

Friends are a special blessing; Sent from the Lord above.
Kay was surely a gift to me; One I came to know and love.

We connected rather quickly; Due to our love of Urs, Seb, David and Carlos.
Though it was Il Divo that brought us together; It was our instant connection that made us close.

We uplifted and supported each other; And shared our excitement over "the guys."
She encouraged me and loved me; Through all the lows and highs.

She's apart from us now; How I wish I could hear her voice.
My friend is in a better place; And I know she didn't leave by choice.

Sweet memories I hold in my heart; I know that the pain of her loss will lessen.
She knew that I loved her; and I'm blessed to have had her as "my friend."

I love you, dear Kay
I'll never forget you!
Back to top Go down
leeder

leeder

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2007 11:22 pm

I'm so sad to hear about Kay!

She has been so kind and encouraging to me during my studies, sometimes when I needed to hear encouraging words! Although I met her only once, she has kept in touch and always with kind thoughts!

I will miss her! I will miss her messages!!! My heart is sad! I know there were those who were closer to her than I was and I am sorry for the loss of your friend!

My condolences to her family! God has gained another angel!!!
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-10-07

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:27 am

I cannot tell you what I feel. There was a void in my life and it got much much bigger last night.

I knew before last night there was no chance, yet I kept hoping for that miracle It just didn't happen. There are not going to be any more more "Good mornings or anymore "Good evenings". She was my back up, my friend. I am going to miss the constant e-mails (Neena I am going to ask you if I can post one, it is x-rated) . I'm going to miss her saying "Go for it" or "don't get mad at me but ..." She helped me get though one of the hardest times of my life and I was not there to help her.
Back to top Go down
Ann
Admin
Ann

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2007 12:45 am

Pat, go ahead and post it. We all need a laugh right now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Terri
Admin
Terri

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeFri Jan 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I am very sad to hear about Kay. I know I wasn't as close to her as many of you, but she was always very nice to me. My condolences to her family and friends.
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 1:05 am

searmist - your poem was read at Kay's funeral today. I was able to attend with Freda (Fred). I wrote about it in the other forum in the Off Topics thread.
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 11:02 am

I didn't know Kay in person, either, but today at her funeral service...we were fortunate to learn quite abit!

This morning before the service, I met up with Freda (Fred on the forum) at a restaurant so we could meet each other (for the first time), and then attend her funeral together. The way we identified eachother was by a red scarf!! We had a delightful time talking...about Kay, about Il Divo, then about lots of things...and we barely scratched the surface of all we needed to talk about. All this with a perfect stranger...but not really because Il Divo brought us together, as with all the divas across the world, and as we visited, I felt like I had known her all my life.

We then drove together to the church, stopping at a florist on the way to pick up 4 red roses. When we arrived at the church, we were welcomed warmly by the family. They all knew about Kay's love of Il Divo & her many friends on the website. As we stepped inside, there was this fabulous music being played over the loudspeakers.... It was from Il Divo's first album - love songs and all! It was being played during the viewing. We made our way to the front to see Kay..peaceful and beautiful, and at rest. Propped up in the corner of the casket cover stood an 8x10 picture of her favorite musical group, Il Divo, with their signatures. Freda placed the roses on the ledge right by their picture (after asking the family's permission). It was a beautiful scene. There weren't many folks there, but it was a warm, intimate service nonetheless. The minister began - I think it was just a brief announcement why we were all there, and announced the first song. It was very quiet, then out of the loudspeakers came the clear, pure voice of David, singing "Mama". Freda & I started to cry, and clutched eachother's hands...and there were tears throughout - not just us.

During the viewing time, we were fortunate to talk with Josh, one of Kay's sons. He also read her eulogy and we found out so many things about her!! He was so very proud of her and he broke down several times, but what was really "cute" was that after the eulogy, he sat down, but he got up a couple more times because he thought of some other things - and one of those times, he told how Kay loved Il Divo and her many friends on the website, then he read some of the posts from here that you all had written. He also read a poem that searmist had written.

Josh is a remarkable young man and I'm sure she was very proud of him. He made sure she got to visit her grandkids often and it appeared that they were very close. He'd mentioned (with a grin) that she was "stubborn" - meaning determined! When he graduated from college a couple of years ago, she figured out a way to get there, and when she went to start the car the battery was dead, so she sent someone to get a battery so that she could make it to his graduation! She was also determined to provide the best life she could for her kids, even tho' she was not always as physically strong as she'd like to have been. If she was not always feeling well, she would never mention it because she didn't want anyone to worry about her.

Did you know that she was an accomplished pianist?? Her love was mainly classical music, but then she played abit of jazz at times. Josh said that if she sat down to a piano in a music store and would start to play,she would soon be surrounded by people listening to her.

Here is a poem that was on her memorial card that was handed out to everyone who was there today.

"GOD LOOKED AROUND HIS GARDEN"
God looked around His garden and He found an empty place.
He then looked down upon the earth, and saw your tired face.
He put His arms around you and lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful..He always takes the best.

He knew that you were suffering. He knew that you were in pain.
He knew that you would never get well on earth again.
He saw the road was getting rough and the hills are hard to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids and whispered, "Peace be thine."
It broke our hearts to lose you but you did not go alone...
For part of us went with you the day God called you home.

It was a privilege to be able to attend her service today and to learn more about her!! (I'm still sad, though!)
Estie (Esther)

Back to top Go down
Ann
Admin
Ann

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 pm

Esther, thanks for posting about Kays funeral. It sounds like it was a beautiful service, and exactly the way Kay would have wanted it.
Back to top Go down
leeder

leeder

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:24 pm

Thank you for the wonderful report! It was very sweet!!
Back to top Go down
Ann
Admin
Ann

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 7:40 pm

This is from Kays youngest son Josh. He posted this on the guys site.

Hello, my name is Josh. I'm Kay's youngest son. I have been reading some of the wounderful thoughts, memorys, and kind words so many of you have displayed. I haven't finished reading all of them yet, but I promise that I will. It really means a lot to me to find out that my mom has touched so many lives, and had so many friends. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart, this means a lot to me. As i said before, I will continue to read the rest of the posts. I will reply later. thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Ann
Admin
Ann

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2007 10:11 am

Happy Birthday Kay. RIP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Kay aka Belle   In Memory of Kay aka Belle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Kay aka Belle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IL Divas :: General chat :: General chat-
Jump to: