IL Divas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IL Divas

A fan site devoted to IL Divo

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????

Go down 
+3
Pat
estiew
Belle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Belle

Belle

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2006-10-07

Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Empty
PostSubject: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 1:39 pm

COWELL DITCHES POP FOR CHOIRS

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-10-14 15:09:07 -

AMERICAN IDOL judge SIMON COWELL has discovered another classical act, after the success of IL DIVO.
Music mogul Cowell admits he would rather listen to choral music than pop and believes the sound of church choirs is an untapped musical market.
Cowell's latest group ANGELIS features six young choristers, whose debut album is set to be released later this year (06).
He says, "Pop was my lifeblood - but I haven't looked at the Top 40 for months.
"I discovered the power of these wonderful choral voices.
"I think this is the kind of music that people now want to hear. It captures a popular mood."
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Well, I think he will be sadly disappointed!! Just a tad greedy at this point. He just paid $8 mil for JLo's mansion, so maybe he's in the poor house Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2006 6:43 pm

That's not true about him looking at the Top 40 in months!! He's told in interviews that Il Divo is at the top. What a slap in the face for Il Divo!! I wonder where they are from??
Back to top Go down
Pat

Pat

Number of posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 2:02 am

I think he will try anything to make money. Pop definitely is not the place for that type of music.
Back to top Go down
searmist

searmist

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: New Group   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 1:04 pm

I listened to the clip of Simon's new-found group "Angelis" and thought they sounded nice. However, what is going to happen when the boys' voices change? The oldest of this group is 14 and I think maybe all but a couple of them are from the UK. They are very attractive children, but there is NO comparison between them and Il Divo. That's like comparing apples and oranges. I won't purchase their album, as I'd probably only listen to it once. Whereas with Il Divo, I can't seem to get their CD out of my player - HA! I'm not sure this is a smart move on Simon's part.
Back to top Go down
estiew

estiew

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2006 5:01 pm

I usually get a cd of somebody (ie. Rod Stewart, marc Anthony, etc.), listen to it for a couple of months, then get sick of it. I've listened to Il Divo for nearly 2 years now - and still I'm not tired of them!! What's up with that???!!!
Back to top Go down
Belle

Belle

Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 1:48 am

I think the music of Il Divo satisfies a need inside of us that other types of music can't touch. I don't know how many times I have listened to each of their CD's, I always seem to hear something that I haven't heard before and it gives me "goosebumps" every time. cheers I love you
Back to top Go down
Cyn

Cyn

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2006 9:15 pm

It's all about the $$$
I don't know if Simon has been involved with ID decision-making the last couple of years....but it could be that Simon will no longer be involved with ID. This is just off the top of my head...Just thinking out lout....I have no idea if this is true or not.
Back to top Go down
leeder

leeder

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2006-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2006 12:13 am

good theory Cyn! i wouldn't doubt it but who know with music/show business you know???
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2006 1:41 pm

I've never understood the appeal of children singers.

They might be amazing technically but they haven't lived long enough to understand, let alone portray, the emotions they're singing about. So it's always lacking in my opinion.

Now, ID has the emotion in spades! king king king king

Not to mention the technical profficiency! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????   Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ?????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has Simon Cowell lost his mind ??????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IL Divas :: Introduction, Latest News :: Tour/News and articles-
Jump to: